Tuesday, November 29, 2011

We've had guests!

Yesterday I heard the roar of a motorcycle, and I knew it was Denise and Benny from SASSY'S ON 'DA ROAD!  She said she'd come by and see us, and here she was:

Is this cute or what???   Denise and Benny
(That's Benny in the crate.)

Benny relaxing with Mom.  What a cutie he is!

We had such a nice conversation.  It's funny how much we RVers have in common.  We talked for hours like old friends, then Denise had to get back to her rig in time for her sunset photos. I'm sure we'll visit again, Denise, I may even bring The Palms over to visit you!  :)

I really enjoyed meeting you, and Benny, too, who was such a good boy! 

Katie was (again) not quite the best hostess.  As long as Bennie stayed away from her rig, her food and her Mom, Katie was okay. We're working on it...

This was poor Katie this morning.  She might act all brave and protective of me, but she sure is afraid of things she doesn't understand.  She's afraid to go around the heater:


She finally did get into the kitchen, then after checking everything out from a distance, she finally carefully walked past it to get back into the living room.  She's so funny!  :)  (If I ever write a book about Katie, that will be the name of it, "She's So Funny!)

 We have so many little birds in the bushes behind us, this little cutie flew in and then right back out. They fly fast and don't stay long.  
At least not in MY bushes.

But the Quail, on the other hand, are completely different.  They scurry fast across any open spaces, and then they pick at the ground for whatever it is they are looking for to eat, and then they scurry really fast to the next safe spot.  We had a lot of them around our campsite today.

 Looking around, looking around, looking around...

 Got it!

Do you know what Schwan's is?  They have them all over, I guess, they are trucks that have been delivering food to households for 50 years now, according to their website.  You order the food and they deliver every two weeks.  It's all prepared, I'm not sure if it's frozen or what it's like when delivered.  They have meat, fish, veggies, fruit, starches, ice cream, desserts, everything.  I worked with a woman who had them deliver for her family and they loved it.  Seemed kind of expensive, but looking at their site, it's really not.  

Anyway, this morning I hear a soft horn honking and look out the window, and there's a Schwan's truck driving by, right in the middle of the desert!  I was telling Denise about it, and she said if something can be delivered here at Quartzsite, especially this time of the year, it's available.  It actually might not be a bad idea, as long as I don't have to sign a contract - I might check the site out again and see what the deal is.  

Schwan's truck in the middle of the desert.

Here are some gorgeous photos from last night's sunset. Unbelievable. I don't know if I'll ever get used to this stuff.  LOL. There are a couple of places behind the mountain that flame with colors, or they are really soft pastels.  One place is on the left side of the mountain with the big Q and the other is on the other side, and their colors are sometimes very different.






"Goodnight, moon."

From Me and Katie, have a wonderful Tuesday, everyone!  :)

10 comments:

  1. I love to hear of you all getting to meet each other in your travels! Oh my, I can't wait until I'm able to do that. Love that you and Sassy got together.
    Oh my GOSH! You know, I wondered if Schwan's would deliver in some of those sites. I have been a Schwan's customer for a long time, GREAT products. All frozen stuff, very very good quality. That's incredible. Heck, I bet you get pizza delivery too. LOL.
    I am SO enjoying your blog and your daily life. I'm so happy for you.
    --Jool

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you and Sassy hit it off. I think maybe Katie doesn't like your attention on anything but her! LOL

    Sassy is something else with her motorhome and motorcycle. Good way to keep Bennie secure.

    I'd love to run into some of you on the road. Have you made a fire to enjoy in the evenings, yet? Here's a tip from a friend of mine. If you can, get silver car windshield sun covers and put them shiny side out on your chair--keeps you warm and comfy on a chilly evening. This has been an off year, but I meet with friends and we sit out until midnight when it's in the 30s and 40s and have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea, Hobo. We've used umbrellas, too.

    Poor Katie. Maybe she needed her power suit, or some other piece of confidence clothing. The clothes make the dog, I've heard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing from the blogs that you were both there, and seemed to have so much in common, I was hoping you would find each other... so cool!
    Im going to continue following both of you at Quartzsite so we can get a feel for it before going there ourselves. I think when we go, I want to go in November, like you did, before the crowds get there. I want to have first pick of my site!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, I really enjoyed our little visit and hope we will do it again soon.

    I was just saying to another RV'er here this evening that I never tire of the gorgeous Arizona sunsets.

    You'll have to e-mail me those pics if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love meeting other RVers. Of course if I don't hit the road soon I won't be meeting anyone. Hope you both can get together a few more times.
    And the Schwan's food is wonderful but I thought it was pricey to. Maybe with this economy they have come down some. I love their salmon but the last time he drove in here I asked and the price was way high. But they come in and just drive around here in the village or sometimes they are parked on the side of the road.

    Not only are the sunsets beautiful so is sunrise. It sure was beautiful this morning but Fred was in a hurry and I didn't grab the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When the mountains them self take on a purplish glow that is called the backlight...it is so gorgeous!...

    ReplyDelete
  8. how great that you got to meet up with Denise and Benny!!..and beautiful sunset photos once again!!..the Arizona sun sure does make a great picture!!..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barbara, you sure know how to pick a great site! Looks fantastic in all your photos. Nice to have visitors able to find you there, too. That is always one of the best things about being there at this time of the year. Hope you enjoy the sunshine and glad you have the new heater to keep warm at night. You should write a book about Katie...it would be fun to read!
    Give her a big smooch from us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would warn you about those coyotes. They are not 'cute little dogs'. They are predators and must be treated as such. I lost a wonderful 10 year old furbaby to them in the Santa Fe Mountains. A whistle is not a good defense. If you don't care for guns, get a can of wasp spray.(some of them will shoot 30 feet or more)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - we LOVE them!