Saturday, January 18, 2014

Isn't this FUN?

This morning Katie and I went over early to the Big Tent Event area - Katie had an appointment.  I'll write a post about that next time.  Hint:  Katie 1 -  DentalTech 0.  OUCH!

While I was waiting for Katie, I walked through some of the vendor tents/booths and looked around in the Pet Patio.  I saw a really cute girly visor, but it looked too small for Katie.  I decided to bring her back in a little while and see what size she was.


Below is one of the owners, reaching for the only visor I liked for Katie - the one I thought was too small.  He's trying to gauge her size as he's reaching. Turns out it was PERFECT, as you can see above!


Here she is outside their booth with the other owner - this lady does all the sewing.  If you want something in the store, but in a different size or material or color, if she has the goods, she'll make it for you.  I was lucky that this one, hanging on the rack, fit Katie just right.  :)


So off we walked, and Katie didn't seem to mind wearing the visor at all.  I'm hoping it will shield her eyes from the sun, at least part of the time.  And of course - keep her hair from blowing in her face.  That's why I wear a visor. :)

We came upon another stroller, a real doggie stroller, with three little dogs in it.  So cute.  They were very interested in this pretty dog with the fancy visor, and Katie was very interested in them.


Here are our new visors, both pink.


I hung them up on my hat rack - doesn't Katie's visor look cute there?  Click on that photo, then click again.  Can you see the Roadrunner stitched on the front of my green baseball cap?  I love that one, too.


As we were trying to make our way through the Big Tent aisle, I saw this man - isn't he cute? - with an item I wanted.  The Miracle Whisk.  I stopped, ready to buy one, but he went through the sales pitch showing me how to get a half glass of frothed non-fat milk from 1/4 cup of milk. It's a non-battery whisk/frother and I've been wanting one for a while.  It will be great to whip cream, mix Medifast powders into cups of hot water, etc.  Quick and easy.  (I whisked up a Medifast Tomato Soup just now for dinner and it was perfect.)


Next I went to Sock ~ It ~ To ~ Me.   They had some sweatshirt jackets - a really good supply of all kinds and colors.  I went through them all and found one I love.  The sales person was really friendly and helpful.


Here's my new jacket - isn't it cute?  It will keep me warm, but not tooooo warm like my other jacket.  Some of these patchwork clothes are very bright, some are more muted and they have hundreds of them that are different from each other.  I really liked the bright ones, but when it came down to buying one, I liked the more muted colors.  $27.00 for the jacket. :)



Isn't this FUN???

From me and Katie, have a great Saturday evening, everyone!  :)

PS - ...and if you're at Quartzsite, Happy Shopping.

PPS - Debbie, mom of Elliott and Rupert and a Lazy Daze owner, rode her bike over this afternoon for a visit.  I'm so bad lately about taking photos.  I just don't take pictures like I did in New Mexico, and I didn't get a picture of our visit.  Next time.  Katie and I are going to walk over and see the Lazy Daze group tomorrow or Monday, so we'll get more photos then - of Debbie, Elliott and Rupert for sure! Thanks for visiting, Debbie.  :)

31 comments:

  1. What a cute visor for Katie! When you're over with the Lazy Daze group, say "Hi" to Jimbo for us. Enjoy the great weather you're having. We're still in the cold fog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Katie is SOOO cute in her new visor. Looks like you are having great fun shopping - better than going to the mall!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I generally HATE shopping.....I love you shopping. Next time I will just send you with a list!! Loved Katie's visor. Glad she took right to it!! So much more behaved than my rascal kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie looks real proud in that cap, and very cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had quite a successful shopping day! I did a bit of shopping today, but must be in the "hold-onto-my-money" mode because I didn't buy much of anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought one of those whisks here in Canada at Canadia tire. I absolutely love it and use it every day at least once. Katie looks great in her visor. Let's see you in your new jacket!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun day! Love the visor on Katie! Now I'm thinking Maggie might need one for Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah.....so glad you found the pink one. It's perfect! What a doll...
    Love your new jacket too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh you mean Katie likes to wear "off the rack" clothing??? LOL ... too cute!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katie looks adorable in her visor! We haven't made it to the Big Tent yet. Look forward to seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your new jacket. Sure sounds like you had a great time for your first time in the BIG TENT. I'm waiting until later in the week to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the jacket too. We didn't find much to buy at the Big Tent. That's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice South-West colors in that jacket. Great visor for Katie & like that photo of her in it plus the photo of her & the other little dogs in the cart looking at each other.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now, that was a successful, and fun, day of shopping. Katie looks just fab-u-lous in her new bonnet; but, I especially like how both visors look hanging up there on the hat rack. Now she's definitely IN.
    That is what I'd call a "happy jacket!" Good choice and I like remembering where I was when I bought whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun day you had with great purchases. I love that jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi....I'm Debbie's Mom and I would love to see a picture of her and my "grand baby dogs" she is a little camera shy tho..... I follow Jim and Gayles blog and yours it's so fun to see where she is and what you all are doing also the pictures are awesome. I'd like to go shopping there , looks like fun. Looking forward to more pictures. thanks Pat in freezing Minnesota!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat - thanks for your comment! Debbie told me, when we were in Colorado, that you would appreciate the photos I posted of her and Elliott. I'm planning to get some good ones for you when I visit the Lazy Daze group again. I'll post them in a few days- stay tuned. I had such a nice visit with Debbie yesterday! Keep warm... :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you! thank you! thank you! I miss her so much.....

      Delete
  17. You mentioned Medifast, does it work? Have thought about trying it. Thanks for any info

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan - Yes, I thought it worked. I ordered it three or four years ago while I was still working, along with a couple of co-workers. I really liked some of the items, didn't like others. I re-ordered the ones I liked, especially the bars. Unfortunately they've all been eaten, I should order more.

      I brought everything I had left with me in The Palms. Every so often I'm not hungry for dinner, but if I don't eat I'm hungry later, while I'm trying to sleep. A quick and easy soup or drink in the evening is perfect. I'd like to lose a few pounds, and now that I have my Miracle Whisk, I'm going to try to have two meals of Medifast a day for a little while.

      I'll put an Amazon.com link in my right-hand sidebar so you can examine the whisk and read the reviews, just in case you're interested. And you can order Medifast through their website at medifast1.com. Good luck. :)

      Delete
  18. Love all the clothes - jacket and hats. Love the strollers too. What a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello There, I've been following and enjoying your blog for a while now and wanted to say hello. I met Debbie and her adorable pooches at last summer's RTR. I am headed out to Quartzsite tomorrow and hope I get to meet you and Katie. I love her new hat and your new jacket is quite fetching.
    Ciao,
    Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah.... you're leaving tomorrow, Yolanda.... I sure hope you can update your blog! what fun! I'm still sitting on a fence... sigh

      Delete
  20. How cute is Katie.... ;) I didn't realize a dog's eyes needed shielding ... hahaaa.... well? it's cute regardless ..

    I saw some Harley Davidson goggles on a bulldog …. I thought the owners were going to call the wagon … I couldn't stop laughing! … HAHaaaaa… he also had a matching hat… not a baseball cap thing but a bib in front and flat? newsboy cap?

    Oh, I would have watched whatever he was selling also … a miracle whisk, you say… how cool is that ...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the jacket.... and Katie is as adorable as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You certainly had a successful shopping trip. I've never seen a jacket like that - it's gorgeous!
    Katie looks absolutely adorable in her visor.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The pet stroller in your picture, looked really nice and I noticed it had large wheels to make it easy to push!
    Katie looks really nice in her visor!
    The whisk seems great. I'll have to have a look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your jacket! Katie looks so cute in her visor & stroller.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Emma I would love to have a jacket similar to yours. Did you purchase ur jacket at Sock-It-To-Me? Where are they located, can you purchase online? What is their web address?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - we LOVE them!