Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Come and see my lunch spot

I decided, after seeing all the photos in other peoples' blogs, to carry my camera around with me sometimes.  Some of you show georgeous scenery and sunsets and storms, campsites, etc., but there are also a lot of everyday photos of things you all do, and I enjoy seeing those, too. 

So, today I took my camera to work to show you where I eat lunch every day. 

I work in San Diego in an industrial park - it's a nice office, but I like to get out of the office for lunch.  Sometimes I bring a lunch, other times I grab a burger up the street. 
I drive around the parking lot to a far corner where I can be alone - there are two parking spaces in the shade facing a hill full of trees and birds.  Nobody else parks back there, and I listen to my audio book on my MP3, eat my lunch, and pretend I'm in the forest.  I have a timer in my car, and I set it for 45 minutes.  When it rings, I drive around the parking lot back to the office.  It's a short camping trip, but I get to do it every day!

Right now I'm listening to Eat, Pray, Love.  The author is the storyteller, and she has a wonderful voice.  I tried to read the book and couldn't get through it, and when I saw the audio book, I thought I'd give it another try.  The audio book also has some slow spots, but I'm going to finish it this time.

I download the books from my local library.  They are free, and they have a ton of them.  You can download 10 at a time, all you need is a library card.  I think all the  public libraries have this option.  So, in addition to my Kindle which I read, I have lots of books on my MP3.  I read all the time, and I can't remember the last time I paid for a book. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing that you use your MP3 player for downloading books. Now I may get one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I just found out you had signed on as a follower on y blog, so I took a look at yours. I am looking forward to reading how you do in the next year! Sounds like you have the "right stuff" to be a happy full timer.

    I didn't know the library might have books you can download to your MP3. I really like audio books, and often get then from the library, but don't have a MP3. I have to look into this in my area. The price is right!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - we LOVE them!