Thursday, April 14, 2011

Under the weather, taking it easy today

WELCOME to our new follower, Deborah. She and her husband Phil are new full-timers along with their dog and cat.  It will be fun following along with you, Deborah, I'll definitely be learning from your experiences as you travel through your first few months on the road.  Thanks for following along with Me and Katie, too!

I've been sick since a week ago Saturday, and finally gave in.  I left work yesterday morning and went to Kaiser to see my doctor.  I have a virus (it's going around), but she did give me an antibiotic, which surprised me.  My son's doctor did the same thing, so I'm sure they know what they're doing.  I'm staying home and resting today, too, so along with my Friday off and weekend, I'll have five days to recuperate and hopefully feel better by Monday.

I don't remember if I mentioned it, but when I first got my Sunseeker I drove to Walmart to pick up a couple of things. Thinking I'd park under a tree to keep the RV cool for Katie, I drove into a parking space, as I would do in my car. Unfortunately the RV is a little taller than my car - DUH!  I brushed a small tree with the top of the rig, backed out and parked somewhere else.

Later my son, Tom, and I noticed a small tear in the rubber covering on the edge of the roof.  When I was in the RV park in Vacaville emptying my black and grey tanks, Bob, the Workamper who was helping me, noticed the tear.  He said it would be a real problem if it rained, causing a leak right into the upper bunk.  I'm glad he said that.

On my way home from the doctor's office yesterday I went past a Camping World and stopped in to get a fix-it kit for the tear. Luckily we've had sunshine since I got back and sun is forecasted into the weekend.  As soon as I feel better, I'll go down to the storage lot and climb up on the RV and take care of the repair.  Tom asked me to let him know when I'm going - he wants to come, too, and look at the damage to the cargo door and side wall area.

This is an Amaryllis bulb I have in a pot outside that blooms like this every year.  It's so big and pretty!



Nothing else much going on today, except I love sitting on my couch and looking out my patio door and seeing flowers.  Here are some from my patio and right outside my fence:





The Blackberries are coming!

I'm going to enjoy having all my condo and patio photos to remember when I'm out on the road.  I know there will be lots of beautiful scenery all around me then, but I do love my surroundings here in Lake San Marcos.

I have some photos of  my grand kids from my weekend visit.  I'll post those next time.  I also promised Andrew I'd send him some photos I took of his T-ball game, so I need to get going on those, too.

I have a few good ones of Lauren, too, one with an AWFUL face she made.  I forget what they called it - but she looks like a ghoul.  It's pretty funny.  I want to send her some photos of herself, too.

AND the photos of them sleeping and eating in the RV!   It's always fun getting things in the mail from grandparents.

That's about all for today.  I tire so easily with this virus, I'm going rest for a while.

From Me and My Dog, Katie, have a great Thursday, everyone! : )

10 comments:

  1. It definitely takes some getting used to being in a bigger rig. When I learned to drive a big truck, my teacher always reminded me to think from the back of the truck instead of the front. Same way for heights. Love that amaryllis! Good things about being on the road and good things about being home, always a trade off of one kind or the other. Hope you feel better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better in time to enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear you're sick. So often it seems like after accomplishing something large...like purchasing an RV...our resistance goes down and we get hit with something. Whatever the reason, I hope you get better with your 5 days off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better!
    There are so many things to watch for when driving any kind of RV. Be aware of the height, width, and length. Know how tall you are, while you are fixing the roof, measure from the A/C to the ground. Sometime the information on the paper work with your rig is not correct. Remember the more distance from the last rear wheel to the back of the RV, the wider you need to swing out to turn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better soon. No fun to be sick.

    Be careful if you are doing a roof repair by yourself. A fall would not be good! Better to take a firend along to at least hold the ladder steady. Good luck with your repairs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you get to feeling better soon. I use to grow amarylis in my sun room. Your flowers are very pretty. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Check out "eternabond tape". It's great for fixing rubber roof tears (we know from experience). We like it better than the repair kit we had from CW. Check it out on RV-net forum, you'll see lots of posts about it.

    We used it to seal around all the openings on the roof. The dicor sealant gets little pin holes in it from the sun and cold and then will leak. If you seal all the openings with Eternabond, you won't have that problem..ever. Also works for tears.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - we LOVE them!