Sunday, September 5, 2010

Doing nothing to accomplish something...

Doing nothing to accomplish something...
                                                  -- Ancient Chinese Wisdom

I've always loved that saying.  You know when you are in a bind, and don't know what to do, and you're afraid if you make the wrong choice, there will be no going back?  And the other choice will be lost forever?

Usually when I don't know what to do, I think of that saying and do nothing for a while.   Then I revisit the situation at future time. Sometimes things work out and that's the end of it.  Sometimes I still have choices and make a decision.  Sometimes I again decide to do nothing.  For a while.

It might feel like an excuse to do nothing, but I believe it's a valid choice.  You can do A or B or nothing. Sometimes doing nothing is the right choice at that time.

On the other hand, that saying is also valid on a day like today, when I just don't feel like doing anything.  So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  I am accomplishing a "rest day."

Doing nothing.  : )

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this one. Nothing is one of my favorite things to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!! Go for it. :-)

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my "nothing" days !!!
    I like to call it my "recharge the batteries" day.

    Heck that's today!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - we LOVE them!