Friday, January 27, 2012

“Go forth and be happy!”

A big WELCOME to West Tx at Heart, our newest Follower.  West Tx at Heart doesn't have much info, and isn't showing a blog, but he lists his occupation as "Dad First," so we can figure it's a man with children.  Well, West Tx at Heart, we're happy you are following along with us, and hope you enjoy reading about our adventures!  :)

This afternoon I had my appointment with the doctor who did my surgery, and he said all is good, and literally said, "Go forth and be happy!"  He's a real cutie with a fun personality, nice to have in a doctor, right?  He also said he took out my appendix for good measure while he was in there, and I was really happy about that, since that's what I was so worried about with the stomach pains - I thought I might end up with a burst appendix, which wouldn't have been good in the middle of the Arizona desert. Now I'll never have to worry about that again.  I got a two-for-one surgery!  :)

The parking structure at the doctor's office is large and not built for RVs, and there was no street parking around the building - all the spaces were taken, so I had to park quite a distance away and walk to the appointment.  I was a little worried about it, but the walk to and from went fine.  I stopped at Costco and Best Buy on my way back and did more walking.  I'm really feeling soooo much better today than I have.  I'll probably be tired tomorrow, but...    I can see "back to normal" at the end of the tunnel.

I made those stops because I want a new tablet.  Real bad.  Really, really bad.  It will be my Christmas, birthday and get well present to myself (I can rationalize anything).  But it's really expensive, and the one I want won't be out for a few months, so I'm going to wait until I can get exactly what I want.  Maybe I can save the cash up by then, too.  Here's what I want:

Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime 64G tablet w/Android 4.0, called “Ice Cream Sandwich” with an Asus Transformer Prime TF201 Mobile Docking Station/Keyboard.

It has fabulous ratings and reviews, and I can't wait.  I've been wanting something other than my laptop for a while now, but haven't seen anything that looked good until now.  It's going to be hard to wait!

BTW, to any of  my followers that have received e-mails from me in the past – I’ve been hacked again and my contact list has been sent bogus e-mails.  It has a link, please just delete any e-mails from me, especially if it doesn’t pertain to our blog business and arrives with only a link.  This one is not a virus, I don’t think, just spam, but don’t take any chances. 

I’m sorry if you get any of these e-mails from me, but there doesn’t seem to be anything I can do about it.  I’ve changed my password on my current e-mail address, but the one that’s being used is an e-mail address I had years ago, and it’s been closed for years.  When I’ve sent mail to that e-mail address, it comes back to me as a bad address, so I don’t know how they are sending mail with it.  It’s such a pain – whoever is doing this, I hope Karma gets them back.

I've been slowly cleaning and putting things back where they belong, and have my laundry ready to do - if I feel like it tomorrow, I'll go to the Laundromat here in the park and get it done.  Or Sunday if I'm too tired tomorrow.  It will be nice to have everything clean again!  Then comes the vacuuming and dusting and polishing.  Also, I have my new Oxygenics shower head, and I need to switch out the shower head.  Lots of things to look forward to doing.

I've decided I did pretty well in Arizona while I was there. I got my solar installed as well as the catalytic propane heater, then when I got to Quartzsite I changed out all my light bulbs to LEDs at a good price per light, got my "hair hat," and ordered my new shower head and what I needed for my privacy curtain.   So I did accomplish everything I wanted to do, and if I had stayed for the show, who knows what "stuff" I would have bought that I didn't need. 

The privacy curtain  mentioned above  is a curtain rod, a long spring loaded rod, that I put from wall to wall between the cab of the truck and the "house."  I wanted something that I could just open and close easily, so I also ordered some curtain rings with clips on the end.  I put up the rod and put on the rings, and clipped on my privacy curtain that came with The Palms.  It has Velcro all across the top, and it attaches to little Velcro stickies that are all around the cab windows.  It's pretty easy to put up and take down and does block out any viewing from outside the cab, but I wanted a "curtain."  This is working fine, and is easy to just slide open and closed.  I'm not sure I like the way it looks, though.  The only rod I could find that is long enough to reach across the entire living area was white, and it kind of sticks out like a sore thumb in front of the green it’s against, so I'm going to live with it for a while and decide later if I like it or not.  I would have preferred a darker color.  I'll take a photo and post it in a future blog post and show you how it looks.  It's definitely convenience over decor, though, so we'll see what you all think.

It's been a good day!  From Me and My Dog, have a great Friday evening, everyone!  :)

19 comments:

  1. It's wonderful that you are recovering so quickly and getting back to the life you wanted. You might be able to spray paint the rod you got if you really don't like the way it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY HAPPY to see you got an all clear and go forth from your dr..yeahhhhh but still don't over do it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Painting the rod was the first thing that came to my mind as well. You could probably use a spray paint, and if you took your time you might be able to match the color of the green it is against.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Driving, walking, shopping, blogging, decorating... yes ma'am... glad you're feeling better. :) I love your blog. HugZ 2Katie2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to hear that your recovery is going well. I thought of paint, also for the curtain rod. I was thinking of getting a rod like that. I don't like the fabric of the privacy curtain that came with my RV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it wonderful when you realize you are finally feeling much better after surgery? Then you start getting better exponentially!

    I haven't gotten any of those emails from you lately, but I have received one from another person whose account gets hacked periodically.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are recovering so quickly - just be careful and don't overdo. You didn't get one of those Costco ice cream bars did you???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, looks like I'm just going to be a "me, too" in my post. So glad you're feeling better, but don't over do. My vote is to paint the rod--you can match the color perfectly--probably with spray paint. Pats to Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know anything about the Asus tablet, but I recently bought an Asus laptop and I really like it a lot.

    We have a Xoom, we HAD an iPad which we sold. Tablets serve their purpose, and we like the Xoom a lot, but they aren't all that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you're feeling better - I can hear it in your voice/writing - YEAH!

    I sent you an e-mail.
    (((HUGS))) to you and Katie

    Connie in PA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barbara, sure is good to hear that you're doing so well. Trips to Costco beat trips to the doctor any day! They have better ice cream bars there than any doctor's office I've ever been in!! Give Katie a nice scratch behind the ears for us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Barbara,

    Glad that you are feeling better!

    For the bar, you will want an enamel paint http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=24 This comes in several 'green's'. Hope one is close to the color you want.

    As for the spammer. Since this came from a closed account, it likely originated with someone else who had your old address in their address book. The spammer then spoofed that address (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_spoofing) to send out the e-mail. The e-mail header will show you that (you can drill into the spam message and see where it really came from.

    Look forward to reading more of your adventures!

    Sheila :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are starting to feel better. I have an Asus Transformer TF101 with the keyboard and I LOVE it! The keyboard makes it - in fact I rarely undock. It's not a total replacement for a laptop but I use mine for reading blogs and other online stuff, keeping a few documents, and often doing the initial draft of my blog into blogger. Then when I'm ready I download it into Windows LiveWriter on my laptop to add photos etc.

    Did I mention how much I love my transformer?

    Do you have a wifi hub in the Palms?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am glad that you have the "go ahead" from your doctor. Still don't go too fast. Pet Katie for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If it is the diameter of a shower rod, covered plastic colors are available.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its so good to hear you are doing so well. But ease into you old routine.
    I was thinking about my curtain as well. Mine is to pieces one on top and the other below. Its hard to put the bottom one on the snaps. Would like just one piece.

    You take good care of yourself. And give Katie an extra love from Fred.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're getting lots of great ideas from folk about painting the rod - just want to add that you may want to coat it with Gesso first. Then you can paint or decorate it creatively with any faux finish your little heart desires. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad you're feeling better and very sorry I missed you in Quartzsite. I've had a ruptured appendix, and it's no fun, so glad you don't have to worry about that. I've had 2 Asus laptops - very good brand, I think you'll like your tablet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for the big, hearty welcome. Your correct, im male, im 50, I have a wife, 3 kids and im a full time fire fighter and paramedic in Houston. Im from the Big Bend area of West Texas and miss West Texas terribly. Just found this Blog Thing about 6 mos ago. Been Learning alot. My info is sparce but will improve with time and establishing a comfort level. I like how you write, Im also a dog lover haveing three dogs/muts to match my 3 kids. Each are rescues form scenes where they were all that survived. I plan to RV when i retire in 3 years... I was following OFM blog when I found you. So there you go, all the 411. Thanks for sharing your life here. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - we LOVE them!