Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year 2015, Baby!

The baby above looks like a moose head, doesn't he?  So darn cute sleeping in the sun.

And here's Mom - just standing around while her baby takes a nap.

Then she decides to have a little snack.

In a little while the baby gets up and Mom walks over and they have a little snuggle.  :)




Mom soon moves away and her little one follows, but not close.  He takes his time.


And off they go to a new area.  It's always a good day when I get some nice shots of wild burros, wild horses, hummingbirds or roadrunners.  Great way to start 2015!  :)

More and more wild burros are being seen in the area, and I was told the little flat area right below the edge of my campsite is where they hang around in the sun during the day sometimes.  I can't see it from my window, but I'll be looking over the edge from time to time to see if they are there.

Sunset on Friday night.  It was such a pretty pastel sky.


From me and Katie, Happy New Year, everybody!

20 comments:

  1. I miss the desert but I like our 45+ degree nights here in Rockport, Tx. Probably will not get back to desert until Feb. In the meantime I will live in the desert through your blog. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love babies.... there is something so endearing about there sweet little faces. The best to you and Katie in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year. I love the babies too and especially like taking their pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you and Katie! the baby burro is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect way to start a New Year - perfect baby pictures. So cute. Happy New Year Barbara and Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nice Burro way to start the day indeed. All the best in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute burros, lovely photos! Happy New Year to you and Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a precious baby! How for you to see these guys everyday and to capture them with your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a perfect way to start your new year!!!!! Fantastic!! May it be incredible!!!
    Sheila and the whole gang here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, those burros, especially when small.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute. Quite a fluffy fur they have for being in the desert.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent blog. Loved your study of the baby burro. Where were they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn! These wild burros are all over the area here at Imperial Dam LTVA. This mom and baby were right behind my neighbor's campsite, and I got these photos from their site and also from my dinette windows.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments - we LOVE them!