Thursday, December 15, 2016

What's wrong with this picture? or....

One of these things just isn't the same:


I thought is was so funny how the bees were all lined up at their own nectar opening.  Supposedly this is a "bee proof" hummingbird feeder.  Yeah...  I don't think so!

This Costa's Hummingbird was just beautiful in the full sunshine - full head/neck feathers of royal purple.  Couldn't quite get it, though, with the camera. 


This was yesterday's sunrise, really pretty:


It looks like yesterday was the last warm, sunny day for a while. Today we had overcast skies most of the day with a temperature of 75 f, tomorrow should be 71 f, and then we go down to the 50s for a few days.  Rain was predicted, but it doesn't look like it's coming this way.   Still, no shorts for a bit - pull out the jeans and sweatshirts again.  I sure do love wearing shorts!

And that's about it.  There's not much going on lately, but I can always count on sunrises, hummingbirds and sunsets.  Things should pick up in a couple of weeks, company's coming.  :-)

From me and Katie, have a great Thursday, everyone!   🌥🌤🌥

14 comments:

  1. Shorts weather is what we looking for too hopefully the Yuma are is better, where we are now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nectar is Nectar so why didn't I expect to see bees at a feeder.
    Definitely not looking forward to the cool down.
    We still have to get together for a short visit. Going to visit Gerry and Melinda on the Weekend before they leave. Maybe we'll see you then.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it is funny how the bees were lined up.
    Beautiful Sunrise. Thank you for sharing.

    Celebrating the Dance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crikey that first birdie looks as if he has a purple flower in his hair/feathers. Beautiful birds and the sunrise is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your first picture - that's just hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bees manage to find my hummingbird feeder back home too,,, I wonder if a sign would help? ha ha Hummers Only and Bees Only.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think those little bees all lined up at an opening is precious!! I know they are all over my hummingbird feeders so I don't think there is any stopping them. Your sunrise and sunset pictures are beautiful ..can never get enough of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bees get on our hummingbird feeder, also. We took it down for the winter a week or so ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess having been in Florida most of my life, I actually like wearing long pants and a light jacket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind long pants and a jacket/sweatshirt - but when we're wearing shorts and t-shirts, that means the weather is warm. The sun is out and the solar panels are soaking up the sun. I'm in shorts most of the time, luckily. :)

      Delete
  10. I love the picture. I've never seen bees at a feeder though I have heard about it. Great to see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe bee proof just means they can't get inside? I have found bees inside of my grampa's hummingbird feeders before. Also, I have been there early on cold mornings and seen bees on the feeders. It seems like they didn't go home soon enough at sunset and just hibernated through the night or something. Then they have to wait til they get warmed up a bit before they can move. Strange.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so entertaining to follow the nature! Pictures are fancy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - we LOVE them!