Thursday, March 17, 2011

My new dog-faced grandson & Happy St. Patrick's Day

We have a new addition to the family!  When my daughter Kristy e-mailed me about a new family addition, I saw the subject line and thought, a Baby???  A new room in the house???  Well, the new addition is a dog.  They have been wanting a dog for a long time.  My granddaughter, Lauren, three, just LOVES Katie.  Andrew, almost 6, likes her okay, but pretty much stays away from Katie.

 My dog-faced grandson, Cody

So, last weekend they were at the pet shelter and saw this little guy, who was perfect for them.  They named him Cody, he's  a four year old rescue dog, part Chihuahua (his body and legs) and German Shepherd (his head and face).  Isn't he cute?  He looks like a puppy.  Kristy said even Andrew loves him, so he must be a winner.  Kristy said he has a really nice nature, and in two days they haven't heard him bark.  They are sooo lucky - that's Katie's only real fault - she's a barker (but getting better).

I'm sure Lauren and Andrew are really enjoying Cody.  I'm driving up to visit them for Mother's Day, so I will get to meet him then. And Katie will meet her new ... nephew?

 These are the BEST Irish Coffees - at the Buena Vista in San Francisco.


Have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day, everyone, from me and Katie!  Irish Coffee, anyone?  : )

9 comments:

  1. Cody, looks like a real cutie, bet the kid's will enjoy him, be safe out there. Sam & Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't imagine how you get a German Shepherd and a Chihuahua together! Cute face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! The kids are at a great age for a dog and Cody looks like a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for shelter dogs (and for the families that adopt them)! Cody is adorable and looks grateful for his new home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very cute addition to the family. Love the picture of the Irish coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how lovely!

    My Kerry barks at any animals in sight, mostly at the deers visiting our backyard, but they just ignore his barking (he's inside the house)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - we LOVE them!