Sunday, March 24, 2013

Campsites- check out these choices!

Following are some photos I've taken of the various campsites here at City of Rocks in New Mexico.  There is a site for anyone - I like the sites with a wide open western view so I'll get the longest solar input for my panels.  I'll bet during the hot summer days, the sites that are surrounded by large rocks are the first to go.  Some are better for tents - the flat surfaces are too small for an RV, even one as short as The Palms.

First is The Palms, the before and after -I had to turn her around to face the winds and dust storms that we had for three days. I had to move her nose to the west to stop the constant rocking.

The rest of this post is all photos, twice what I usually post, but they were ready to go and I thought it would be better to have them all in the same post.  I hope you don't have trouble bringing up all the shots.  As always, if you click on the picture you'll be able to see more detail.

Facing north.
Facing westward into the wind.
Beautiful kitchen view - of ROCK!

This is a nice site, the restored Airstream looked good here.

This site has two rooms, which follow.  A tent fits in either room or you can drive an RV into the cooking area.
Table area.
Cooking area.

Site called Capercornus - my birth sign.  I liked this site.

This is the back of a truck, next photo shows the front.
Front of the truck in the campsite.

Nice flat site, RV behind rock, table/bar-b-que on the other side.

Big rig in this site.

I think this man put up a tent later.
Wider view of the same site.

Site up inside the rocks with a nice overlook to the desert.

Check out this Zebra stripped RV!

Putting up a tent.
 
The tent!

This area is for reservations. Most sites are behind the rocks.


Site Map for City of Rocks State Park, NM

These are just some of the sites here at City of Rocks, they are all numbered and also named after the constellations. If you're in the vicinity, check out this park - it is a one of a kind, for sure!

From Me and My Dog, have a great Sunday, everyone!  :)

9 comments:

  1. I wanna go! Putting it on my list. Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love the site with the truck camper. It looks so cozy and warm. Your site looks very pretty too. Wish I were there, we are having a MAJOR snow storm here right now. Looks like a blizzard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sites look like a lot of fun. I even liked the kitchen view of Rock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great pics! Looking forward to returning to NM in the fall and hope to get to the City of Rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the photos. Gave the best overview I have seen. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post and all your photos. This place looks likes a great site but 3 days of wind and sand storms... Yikes! You are amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a state I want to visit. I loved the Zebra stripped van. Camping sites are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just the BEST campground!!! So cool! I bet it's full all the time in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like an interesting campground. I would love to visit City of Rocks. Thanks for posting all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - we LOVE them!