Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I have the most annoying neighbors!!!

By far - my most annoying neighbors.  They are noisy, they keep looking in my windows - they even bang on my windows. They woke me up at 5:30 this morning.  They are pooping on The Palms.  I think they want us to leave - I may have to move.

I've think I've heard their babies but I'm not sure and I haven't actually seen them yet; here are the Peeping Tom culprits.









They are a nesting pair of Mountain Bluebirds and were flying by the window looking in all day long.  I had a feeling they didn't want us in the neighborhood.  They were banging into the window and making such a fuss in The Palms' side mirrors (I'll post those photos tomorrow), I started feeling really bad and decided to move.

Katie kept a close eye on them.  At first she barked, but when I explained to her that they were here first and probably had babies close by, I was happy that she listened carefully,  minded me and left them alone.  And, yeah, I did do a little yelling.  LOL.  She still watched them very closely, though.


They were making such a fuss fighting with themselves in the driver side mirror, I had to cover it with a towel. This morning when I made my coffee, I went outside and checked the mirror and front of The Palms for bird poop.  I noticed my generator was right under the nest, and the noise and fumes wouldn't be good for the Mom and Dad or the Babies.  So, when the coffee was done, I moved to the other side of the shelter.  Since I have this site, no one should be parked on the other side next to the nest, and they will have more privacy for their little family.

I have tons more photos of the Mountain Bluebirds, and will post some of them in a future post.

Can you see the bluebird right below the driver's side mirror?

By the way, we are at Storrie Lake State Park in New Mexico.  We decided to turn left instead of right at the fork to Santa Rosa Lake or Sumner Lake.  When we arrived at Santa Rosa Lake, I didn't drive to the electric sites, which I'm told are nice, but after driving around the dry camping areas, it was a little too primitive for me, so we drove back to the little town of Santa Rosa and stopped along the street to make lunch and re-group.  I took out the laptop and checked MapQuest.  I was surprised to see that Storrie Lake was only a little further north than Sumner Lake was south, and if I didn't like Sumner, then I'd have that hour drive south and another hour's drive north to get to right where were were at that point.  I was getting tired of driving, so I headed north to Storrie Lake, and am glad I did.  This lake is also very low, but since a holiday weekend is coming up, I wanted to snag a camping site just in case they get crowded over the weekend.

The drive up here was so interesting, I took tons of photos along the way which I'll post another day.

We have a nice site here overlooking the lake.  The temps are very comfortable, and the wind, although we do have some, isn't as bad or continuous as it was at Elephant Butte.  It is pretty windy today, though. Maybe I'm bringing it with me.  :(


From me and Katie, have a great Wednesday, everyone!  :)

20 comments:

  1. I believe your annoying neighbors are pretty annoyed with yo too. Especially since you have those arms on your house filled with more bluebirds. Yikes! we've been invaded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be interested to hear if moving the Palms has helped with the bird behavior. And Katie, what a good girl she is! Don't you love a dog that listens and understands? My last two dogs, Smoky and Lady, were like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice of you to put the birds first. I'm sure they were worried about their babies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a hoot! I could talk to Emma all day, and it wouldn't do any good. You've got a winner there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK - you had me going there for a minute until you got to the poop part. Priceless photo of Katie doing her job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie is such a good girl. Ours just go deaf when it suits them. Love those pictures - that one where he's sitting on the mirror is priceless. Stop the wind, please. Hopefully we'll be there sometime next week. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were wise not to go to Sumner Lake, I don't think you would have been happy there. If you see a red Lazy Daze, it is probably Andy Baird. I think he is still there.
    Cute birds, look forward to the rest of your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaa pooping on the Palms... ought to be a country song in there somewhere...

    GREAT pictures... look at that little guy's eyes! love it

    I totally loved going right or left when I had intended going left or right... great fun

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too funny! Hope moving helps and you, Katie, and the birds are happy campers! It will be fun watching the babies.

    Looking forward to more pictures soon.

    Hugs to Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm thinking those birds definitely wanted you to move. They have already homesteaded the area.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you thought to move the Palms. Those birds would have needed therapy after a while. Great photos

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just KNEW Katie would be doing her job - as I know Bennie sure would be.

    I just googled the State Park you are at now - 6,400 altitude ! WOW !

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh, but they are such cute neighbors. Good idea to move and let them have some privacy with their nest.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How nice of you to be considerate of the Bluebirds. They are certainly territorial birds.

    I love the picture of Katie watching the bird on the mirror. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wanted to be there with you! I love watching the different species of wildlife, and you have different kinds there!

    Enjoy your stay.

    ReplyDelete
  16. When I saw how close The Palms was to their nest, no wonder they felt threatened. And then, with all those invaders challenging them right there! Good idea to move to the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you moved to the other side, and hope it helps them. They are beautiful! The babies will be grown soon enough. Love the bird on the mirror...her look says it all. Good girl Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's funny. Birds can be very entertaining. I think I miss New Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's amazing how aggressive those little critters can be. I guess the urge to protect one's offspring is universal. How thoughtful of you to move to the other side of the shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We have had Cardinals do that to our mirrors and windows. They do make a mess.
    The face on the bird sitting on your mirror is so funny. He is starring you down looks like. Mad as can be.
    Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - we LOVE them!