Saturday, May 28, 2011

Photos from yesterday...

I got my camera battery charged this morning, and wanted to show you the photos I took  yesterday.  The first three are photos of trees in front of my condo that I've always liked.  They are all in bloom now.  I don't know what they are, except the last one, a Bottle Brush tree:







Beach shots:
Tamarack State Beach in Carlsbad, CA

Katie taking a walk, looking beautiful in her Princess dress.  : )

I watched this guy for a while.  He kept getting wiped out, but kept trying.

These beach shots were taken at the same time, but I used my camera's "sunset" setting, and it gave them a different coloring. 
 
The waves were really pretty in the sunset.

The sun setting.

This was so pretty with the waves crashing by the rocks.

And then the camera battery died...  : (

Little Katie this morning, she's so tired.


Katie had a hot spot on her back yesterday, she kept scratching, and she's not usually a scratcher. When I checked, there was a really red area, so I put some salve on it, and put her Princess dress on her so she couldn't reach the spot.  She didn't try to scratch the area again.  Princess dresses aren't only very attractive, they have medicinal purposes, too.  : )

It's changing between sunny and overcast so far today, and I just started hearing the wind blow outside. Kind of cozy in The Palms, though.  I think I'll sign off and read my Kindle for a while.  I haven't read it in a long time, but have been charging it so it would be ready.  I've started on "Persuader," a Jack Reacher novel by Lee Child.  I've love the Jack Reacher series, and have read them all.  I downloaded this one to my Kindle quite a while ago.

That's all for now - have a great Saturday, from Me and Katie! : )

5 comments:

  1. Hot spots can be hard to treat. It's a good thing the "dress" covers it. She looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the photos - I enjoyed them.

    Our dog gets hot spots too. Vet said she has allergies. Now she has allergy eye drops too - SIGH! Hope Katie feels better soon.

    LOVE Jack Reacher. We like to listen to them on CD when we are traveling...that way we both get to "read" the same book at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely shots of the beach sunset!..happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures. Sunset setting? I had never heard of that. Wonder if I have one. Will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - we LOVE them!