Sunday, September 11, 2011

Miscellaneous photos from Hood Park, WA

WELCOME to Cindy - I just found you on my followers list.  Because there isn't a photo, you have a blank at the end of the photos with your name.  I thought there was another new follower.  :)  Cindy, I LOVE your blog, Barkley Hall!  and I LOVE Betty!  How cute is that trailer!  Your posts are really interesting and I'm going to enjoy following you, too.  :)

Just some miscellaneous photos today.

There have been some of the cutest small trailer/vehicle combos this week in the park.   There have been five or six - today I saw a Casita, too.  A couple of others I didn't recognize, but I didn't have my camera with me and they were gone when I walked by their sites the next day.  I keep thinking I've snapped everything there is in this park, and then I leave my camera in The Palms, and there's something new.

Small Teardrop  TT with small SUV and - Small shower?



Another Teardrop TT and Jeep combo

I was sitting outside trying to finish "The Help" yesterday afternoon and Katie was about done with that and wanted to take a walk.  She just sits and watches me with her eyes squinted until I notice her.  Somehow I can always feel that look.   She was standing there in front of me and I told her "No, sit down!,"  so she did.  But she kept looking at me.  Drives me crazy. 

 What a brat!

The bathroom and shower area of this park are really nice and clean.  The water pressure wasn't great, but everything else was good.

 Bathroom area

Shower area and shower stall

This bathroom and shower area are only for registered campers. 

Not too many unusual critters or birds here.  These are the ones I've seen so far. There's a pair of squirrels that chase each other around, across the lawn and up and down the trees, jumping from branch to branch.  They are fun to watch, and when they are around, Katie's very interested.

 Squirrel - can you see him?

Another squirrel photo. They run too fast to snap them while playing.

There aren't any exciting birds, but enough that they are fun to watch.  I saw a large dead pelican on the beach the other day, so there must be pelicans around here, but I haven't seen any flying by or in the water.

   Lots of seagulls.  They are on the beach or walking on the lawns.  

 Lots of Robins, too - this one pulled up a worm from the grass, 
but I didn't get the camera turned on in time.

 There were ducks in the lake this morning, first time I've seen them.

 And of course, Crows - not too many, though.

Outside my dinette window on the other side of the lawn there is another water area, but it's not large like the lake on the other side.

 I love these - what are they called?



I should mention the fact that today is September 11.  I didn't know anyone back in New York when the Twin Towers went down, but like everyone else I was glued to the television and awestruck at what I saw.  And worried about what would come next.  I wonder what September 11, 2011 would have been like in this country if we hadn't been attacked by terrorists on that day.

And that's about it for today.  Another beautiful sunset:

Another perfect day.

From Me and My Dog, have a good Sunday evening, everyone!  :)

8 comments:

  1. The plant is called at least in Canada....Cat tails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - we always called them cat tails. Not sure what the botanic name is.

    Well! I came over here to check on you 2. I haven't seen an update for 5 days from you on my blog list. Turns out the problem was on my end. Not sure why it's not updating. I missed you guys!

    Glad to hear you continue to enjoy the road with sweet Katie. I just showed my hubby her squinting shots. Actually, she looks a little menacing. Especially with one ear down and one up!

    Nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy your blog. I check it at least twice a week for new posts. Thanks for sharing!

    Todd

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, Growing up in New York we called them cat and nine tails.
    Later in life my wife used to cut them at various lengths than spray them with hair spray, and place in large vase's and use to decorate our home,,, Thanks for the memories....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just read your comment on my blog. Yes, those mortar-boards are terribly unflattering too. You are right about missing graduation. Yesterday was the day I needed to notify the powers-that-be that I would not be attending as planned. I just couldn't go through with it! That must mean I really want to walk after all. So I'm re-scheduling my pick-up. Thanks for your insight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello from Texas ..those are cat tails :-)

    I enjoy reading your blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, so good to see ur post....don't know why it isn't updating on mine either and don't know what to do about it...very tech-challenged. lol I have heard them called cat-o-nine tails...guess it's just different in different places. I LOVE Katie's look.....she's trying to communicate with u by sending telepathic messages. lol Enjoy ur posts very much....will see if I can find out what the problem is on my end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some really good photos of Katie. Sounds like the two of you are having a grand time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - we LOVE them!