Friday, June 3, 2011

First morning of retirement

Today is the first day of retirement for me, at least that is what I've been thinking, but it doesn't really seem different yet. Since I always have Friday off, today is like a normal Friday off, and then I have the weekend.  I think Monday is actually my first day of retirement. But I have worked my last day.
 
 My picnic table is on this side

Anyway, here I am, no scheduled work anymore, unless I work remotely from The Palms.  I do have some things to do for Tom, but I'm a little under the weather today and will probably take it easy for a few days.

When I got home from work yesterday I was soooo tired and had a sore throat. I'm wondering if that's why I've been so tired the last few days. I attributed it to the stress of all the changes going on in my life, but now I'm thinking my body was trying to fight off some germs.  I had some toast and tea and went to bed at 6:30 last night.  I woke up at 10:30 and read blogs for a  couple of hours, then slept again until 7:30 am. I hate going to bed with a sore throat.  And waking up with one.

Katie and I took our walk around 8:30. We took our garbage over to the garbage area, and met our next door  neighbor.  A man who has a rig the same size as The Palms, he's a single man about my age traveling with two cats in a Fleetwood Jamboree.  We talked for a while and exchanged stories, he's very nice and seems to be a quiet neighbor. I wasn't sure if anyone was even there for the past two days. Then Katie and I went on with our walk. There is a pathway right below our front bumper, and we took that path around the lake a bit.
Overlooking a walking path that follows the lake edge

 The floating cabins across the lake

 Katie during our walk on Thursday evening.

 Walking this morning

The path by the water near our site

 About the only photo with her head up.
She's very interested in all the new smells.

Some sort of dove - different than the ones at my condo

We spent most of the day at the condo, doing the laundry, checking things out. My washing machine was leaking at one of the connections, so I taped it and this time it held and I was able to do a load with no leaks.  When we got there, three workmen were putting new rain gutters on the front and back of my condo. They look nice.

I was really tired and finally gave up and took a nap in my sleeping bag, which is staying at the condo for when I stay there.  I had dinner, and then we packed up the laundry and came back to The Palms.

From Me and My Dog, have a good Friday evening, everyone!  : )

12 comments:

  1. Great pics...thanks for sharing them. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may just be stress. A few days into your new life should fix you up. Rest, sun, relax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a nice campground.

    I hope you get to feeling better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice campground! I really like the idea of floating cabins....neat!

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try "Throat Coat" tea by Traditional Medicinals. They also make "Organic Echinacea Plus" tea. I buy it at the grocery store in IL or you can get it at health food stores.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your sore throat. I always get something when stress lowers my resistance. Your body will bounce back as it seems that your life is now on track. Love the photos... really pretty area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great site! There you are in your perfect "cabin" looking across the lake at cabins that the inhabitants have to pack up and leave after a few days. Feeling a little under the weather there must be much better than feeling great where most of us reside. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soon you will be busier than ever. Looking back, you will wonder how you got everything done when you were working. Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy retirement. I felt odd for about a month after I retired. Then I spent most of the next year fiddling with this and that in a fairly aimless fashion. Now in my second year, I'm busier than ever but not irritated or bored like when I worked. Just rest as needed to get back in health.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those floating boats look interesting as well as the paddle boats parked next to them. I think that would be fun. Welcome to retirement!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pics...thanks for sharing them. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice campground! I really like the idea of floating cabins....neat! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - we LOVE them!