Sunday, June 5, 2011

I have TV! : )

I woke up feeling much better today - I wasn't expecting that!  But I'll take it!

Had a nice day, I went to two RV places to do some shopping, but they were both closed on Sunday, so I'll try again next week. Maybe tomorrow.

I need levelers still.  And a small cutting board.  I also don't have a T.P. holder. The bathroom is good sized, considering, but there isn't anywhere to put a T.P. holder, even a freestanding one, so I thought I'd see if they had any suggestions.  I've just been leaving the roll on the counter, and wouldn't mind continuing to do that, but I'd like to put it in a box or holder of some kind that would look nice.  I'll see what they say.

We went to Target and got a few things. They have a nice set of hangers that are pretty skinny and have narrow holder tops that fit into the slots in my closet, and they are fuzzy, so things won't slide off.  This is my closet now:


These are the new hangers:
Tomorrow I'm going to switch out the hangers and I'll show you the difference they make.

Here are a couple of ducks we saw on our afternoon walk along the lake.  I like the first one. I've never seen that kind of duck before.

 He's so pretty, and has a short neck.

 I think this is a Mallard, right?

I've been asked to post photos of the area around The Palms, so I took some pictures out the windows for you to see.

These are, of course, the actual photos, but in reality we are all pretty close together. Not all the RVs are really close, but right where I am, it's only for front-in, shorter rigs. Luckily I haven't had anyone pull in to my left yet, which gives me a feeling of lots of room, and the view out the cab windows is really nice, so depending on where I sit, I have a different view.

There are some kids here, and lots of people riding bikes around, walking their dogs, but everyone is pretty quiet. When it's dark, it's quiet.  Mornings are also quiet.  I was expecting more noise and more people congregating around their rigs, but I'm not seeing that.  Across from my kitchen window is a campground host, I guess a work camping couple. I've met a few people, but I haven't been out much except walking Katie.
 View out my kitchen window. On the right is the empty spot.

 View from the window over the couch.  
The stairs on the right lead down to the path that circles the lake.

 View out the small kitchen window - that's my neighbor with the flag.


 Another view out the couch window - the stairs and a little of the lake, and some cabins.

Looking out the cab window - in front of The Palms.
That is the path we take on our walks.

So, even though we're pretty close together, there are still nice views out each window.

Another thing I got at Target today was a converter for my TV. I have an older Magnavox TV that came with The Palms, but I wasn't getting any channels. I was going to just use my laptop for TV, but that didn't work. It took too long to stream the contents, and would stop and start, really frustrating.  Enough to make me start reading more!  So, today I broke down and got the converter.  It works fine, but I get only three channels in English. Since I'm so close to the Mexican border, I get LOTS of channels in Spanish.  I'm hoping that when I travel north I'll get more channels in English.

From Me and My Dog, I hope you had a nice Sunday, everyone!  : )

13 comments:

  1. So exciting to see you starting out full time. Here I am coming down from full time. Wish I could do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting to see how you are solving these little things. (problems? questions? issues?) Settling in so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you are great at adapting!!!..enjoy your Sunday evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the out the window pics. Helps me feel really there in the rig looking out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like you are getting comfortable in The Palms. How does Katie like it? Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really are settling in! Good for you..views are pretty nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice campground!
    Yep, you are getting settled in and used to your new home!! How is Katie adjusting??
    Hope you continue to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are feeling better. I'm also having trouble with my TV. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong but I just can't get it to play. Just keeps showing "No Signal" on the screen even though I do the Auto Scan each time.

    Enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first duck photo is a wood duck! Aren't they beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your area looks really nice. Even when the other spot is filled you should be fine. Nice to see. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Huggable Hangers are great! They really do keep things from slipping off when you move the RV. Glad to know they have them at Target, because as we move to fulltime status I'm running out of hangers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have seen the hangers at target and tucked the idea away as something to consider for when I go full time. You know you are happy when you can get excited about hangers! I am thrilled for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just a suggestion: We used a free standing paper towel holder (ours was wood) to put our toilet paper on. It held three rolls and worked really well for us. Sat kind of back behind the toilet.

    How fun to be able to join you in your journey. Any idea when you'll get to MT? We'll be here most of the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - we LOVE them!