Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I'm all moved into Santee Lakes!

I'm all moved into Santee Lakes - an official full-timer!

My first full hook-up camp site.  My first paid-for camp site.  It was surprisingly easy.  My son, Tom, helped me out and got me all hooked up. I watched carefully so I will be able to do it next time.  He's never been at a full hook-up site before, but I think men just know these things.  We dumped the grey and black tanks, so I'm ready to go.

We got The Palms all set up and then went back to work, where I finished the day and then came back here after work. 

When I got home from work, I got everything set up inside and tested out the water, electricity and added the chemicals and some water to the black tank.  The park ranger said it was better to keep the hoses closed and open them when they are getting full.  Better than leaving them open while I'm parked for the month, so that's what I'm doing.

This month will be a learning experience for me, so if I mention something I'm doing or not doing that isn't right, please feel free to comment and set me straight. 

It a nice evening, but a little breezy.  Katie and I took a walk around one side of the back of our lake when we got home.  Poor Katie is so tired. She's used to having four days a week to sleep all day, and lately she's been with me every day and wakes up every time I move.  Today she slept in her bed in the car while I was at work, and she wouldn't get up.  Right now she's again asleep in her bed.  It's going to be an adjustment for her.  Kind of like the wife who has her husband retire and all of a sudden he's underfoot every day, disturbing her routine. Katie's going to have to get used to having me around every day.

I cooked some spaghetti at the beach on Monday - and I'm having leftovers tonight.  I'm starving, so I'm going to heat it up now.  I have a post ready publish about that meal and the Magma pots review, but I haven't had a chance to post it yet.  Maybe tomorrow.  It was soooo good!

Sorry, no photos tonight. I'm going to have to remember to bring my camera on our walkabouts. There was the coolest bird at the lake edge, maybe tomorrow I'll see him again when I have my camera.

From Me and My Dog, have a great June 1, everyone!  : )

15 comments:

  1. You sound very relaxed and excited at the same time.

    Can the Palms tow your present car if you decide to keep it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited for you...what a wonderful adventure for you & Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara...It's so nice to catch up with what you've been doing and you've been doing a lot!!! Let me know if you plan on coming to Washington so we can get together. I'll make sure that I'm here. I hope to hit the road soon and I'm looking forward to having something exciting to blog about. Jeana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly 2 months to the day since you found your RV... now you're officially a Full Timer. YEAH!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I googled Santee Lakes! It looks like a great place to spend some time.

    Cyndi & Stumpy @ RVly Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you arrived safely and are all set up in your campsite! We have been in Nashville for several weeks and have had to journey to McDonalds for internet so I didn't see the pics of your new rig until this evening! I really LOVE it!! It looks so nice and comfy! You will really enjoy! Give Katie a few days and she'll feel more "at home" in the rig. Our dogs adjusted quite well. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how great to be set up and know you are there for a month!..and by the way the Park Ranger is correct..leave the valves closed until the tanks are full or almost full..better that way..easier to flush them out!..also if you are leaving for the day..it is a good idea to turn the water off..just to be safe!
    enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Must feel good to know that you are full time now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy first full-time day. Sounds like a great spot you are in. Looking forward to your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations. I am officially jealous! Even though Dod is parked in the driveway, I think I may take Jesse out there to spend the night sometime just to feel like I am camping.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Looks like a great spot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I second what Sue and Doug said. Don't ever leave your black tank valve open or you will be a very unhappy camper! :)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congratulations on becoming a full timer!! i'm sure Katie will adjust soon, and she'll be very happy to have you around all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - we LOVE them!