Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Utah, continued...We are in Provo

WELCOME to T - our newest follower!  His profile says, "I love the outdoors and look forward to FT adventures. Hobbies are trapshooting, metal detecting & coin collecting."  I've seen some people at RV parks running their metal detectors around empty sites.  You might even find some coins. :)  Actually coin collecting is a good thing, it won't take up much space or weight.  I hope you are a full-timer soon!

WELCOME, also, to two followers who didn't have photos, and I just found them at the beginning section of my follower list:  smdrm and Carrie Jordan.  I don't have any information about either of you, but I'm happy you are following along on our adventures.  Welcome aboard to you both, too!  :)

We ended up this afternoon at a State Park here in Provo, Utah called Utah Lake RV Park.  Utah Lake is the largest fresh water lake in Utah, and has fishing, boating, and camping.  This RV park isn't the prettiest I've been in, but it's not bad, and the setting and surrounding areas are gorgeous.  Our site:


This is the view from my window over the couch:


There is a path close to our site that leads to the Utah Lake parking area, and then the lake.  Here's the path:


And here's the lake:


Katie and I walked over to check out the lake around 5:00 pm, and we didn't get back to The Palms until 7:00.  There are lots of places to walk, there's a boat ramp, and we walked past it along the lake.  There is a berm (?) around a large area that separates a couple of areas of the lake, and we walked along that berm.  (I don't know if that's what it's called, but you get the idea.)

The sun was starting to go down when we started out, and we walked until it was almost down.  I took a ton of photos.
 
Me and My Dog :)

These are some of the shots I took as the sun was going down.  The clouds were changing, and it was really beautiful.

 
 
 

This is the same shot that I took from my window, but after we got back from our walk as it was getting dark:


And finally, as I was closing my shades, I looked out the window and there was a beautiful full moon coming up over the mountain:


To get the full effect, click on the photos and you 'll see the details more clearly.  What a beautiful spot this is.  We're staying here at least five days, and then we'll see.

I've made reservations at Zion National Park for ten days at the end of October/beginning of November.  I'd rather not make reservations, but those are the first dates I could get a site for more than one day, and I really want to stay there.  I want at least a week, and October 29th was the first available date.  There may be more sites available as first come, first served non-reservable sites, but I'm not sure about that and I didn't want to take a chance.

So, we may stay here longer than the five days I've paid for, or find another park on the way to Zion.  The price here is $20 per night, and at Zion it's  $9 per night with my Senior Card.  Good deal!

From Me and My Dog, have a great Wednesday night, everyone!  :)

16 comments:

  1. My compliments on the pictures. It's amazing what you can see if you only take the time to stop and look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place. The view out your window is amazing. I'm anxious to explore with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are now in one of my favorite states... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello- If you need a change of scenery while you are waiting on your Zion reservation to come round, there is a beautiful little canyon nearby in St. George called "Snow Canyon." They have a small campground w/RV hookups inside the canyon. It is great hiking and walking on the petrified sand dunes. It is small, intimate, and really pretty.

    Enjoy your blog!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Suzanne - Snow Canyon is gorgeous and you'd fit nicely in the RV park there. And the town of Santa Clara (right outside the Canyon) is a delight. You are so going to enjoy Zion. Hope the weather stays nice for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures! I especially like the one that almost looks like a black and white except for the bit of blue!

    I've been to Utah Lake. There are two beautiful drives in that area. One is past Sundance up to Timpanagos Caves which you'd probably love. They'll actually take care of Emma if you want to do the climb.

    The other I'm not sure of the name. However, you go way up and you can see Utah Lake in the distance. The locals will know about it. Have fun. Pats to Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't know if you got a new camera or what but those photos are awesome. I especially like the sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo beautiful! You truly are "living the dream"! The new camera takes nice pixs too. It's so cool that others here can offer up places for you to visit while there. What a great place the internet & our connections can be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you get that new camera you had talked about? Your pictures are fabulous!

    I have some links to a few photography memes (linky parties) if you are interested in joining. One is Shadow Sunday and I might be sharing a few pictures from Santee Lakes.
    I will probably post it on Saturday evening.

    Of course you are always welcome to join my party anytime. Not all posts are about home decor ;)

    Travel pictures always nice. Just some pictures and narrative of where you visited. Like when I went to Joshua Tree National Park last month.

    Tell your friends too :)


    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pic of the moon over the mountains....spectacular!
    Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The photos are absolutely fantastic! Do you have one of those photo picture frames? I like to put my pictures from trips on it so I can look at them while they scroll through. They are a great way to have photos in your RV because it takes up little room and you are usually hooked up to electric anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you have found a good camp site. Your photos are inspiring - love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful moon shot! Isn't Utah beautiful??!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - we LOVE them!