Sunday, November 27, 2011

Loving the life!

WELCOME to my new Follower, Wanderin'!  I've been following Lloyd since I first started reading blogs, and I've learned a lot from your posts, and always love your photos!  I'm happy you're officially following me and Katie.  Welcome aboard, Lloyd!  :)

We're doing well here in our little camp.  I was up early, and it was cold this morning!  It was 50 degrees in The Palms when I awoke, and I turned on the new heater to warm things up.  The sun was just starting to come up, and having the sun coming in the window helped warm things up, too.  I'm still not sure about the catalytic heater and how much I need to open windows when it's running, which seems to defeat the purpose of having a heater on.  I opened two windows again this morning, and two ceiling vents, and the rig warmed up very slowly.  I don't want the Carbon Monoxide alarm going off, so I may be letting too much cold air in, I'll have to open just one vent and one window tomorrow and see what happens.

Katie was awake and wanting to go outside at 8:00 this morning, which is really early for her.  I didn't let her out for her last potty break last night; she was already asleep up in the bunk and I didn't want to wake her up, so that's probably why she was up early today.

I put rocks around our site today.  I like the way it looks.  I brought everything in a little to make sure I wouldn't be infringing on a future camper's site.  I like it better this way.



Here's the heater all lit up this morning:


Some Quail in the site next door:


Katie and I took a long walk this morning to see the area, and we climbed down into the wash and up into the parking lot where the show is set up in January.   This is the wash with a gravel roadbed:


Here is the parking lot where the show will be.  We are literally yards from it, as long as they don't fence off the area on the edges.


We scared some quail walking by their bush, and they all went scurrying.  They are the prettiest  birds:



Tonight's sunset photos:



From Me and Katie, have a great Sunday evening, everyone!  : )

18 comments:

  1. I like your rocks! It all looks neat. I wonder if just opening the vent in the ceiling would be enough. Let us know how things work out in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every day is a new learning experience. I would think just the one vent would be enough. Just remember - if the carbon monoxide detector goes off, get Katie and get out. Leave the door open to air it out. The campsite is lookin' good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your camp site is looking awesome and I never tire of those gorgeous Arizona sunsets.

    The sky is abalze right now as I type as the sun just went down.

    Does your heater have a 'low oxygen' automatic shut-off ? Mine does. I leave only one roof vent open when I have my heater on. Between that and my carbon monoxide detector I feel safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The heater or the website will give you the amount of venting needed. It is less than most folks think. Usually a little bit on a roof vent and a little bit on a window at the farther point form the roof vent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Palms looks good there in your site and I like the rock border. Those are some great quail shots. Missed my Katie fix today lol!! Oh, Russ met Susan and Angel this morning - I was still in bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the rock border around your site! Gives it a nice look.
    The sunsets are just breathtaking!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your site, I hope you can maitain the privacy you want once others start to come in. I'm anxious for those days because I want to see your blog about it! My detector went off once when I got boxed in by the big rigs at a dog show. One of the big rigs put a vent hose from his generator RIGHT UNDER MY RIG! Of course, I was not happy. I let him know what he did & then I moved to the other side of the parking lot, away from all the big rigs. He could have killed me & my dogs! Thank goodness for detectors, but the fumes would have made me move anyhow as they were getting stronger & stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your little living area all marked out by the rocks. Looks very cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad things are working out for you. Quartzsite does get crazy so glad to you got there early to set up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of the nights we slept in the Alfa we needed to run the generator for awhile. I insisted we sit up until it was done rather than risk dozing off. Craig thought i was being paranoid, but i was just being careful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You mean Katie usually wants to go out AFTER 8:00 am??? Wait until I tell Lady - she comes trying to wake me up shortly after 7:00.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 8? 7? Fred and I go out at 6 or 6:30 am. I must be doing something wrong. hahah
    I like the way you fixed your yard all nice and cozy. That idea about the rocks worked out nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your title says it all...so happy for you. Your site looks great! Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your rock landscaping idea - your posts and pics make it seem like we are actually there - so thanks for taking the time to keep us updated! Enjoy the Q!

    ReplyDelete
  15. are you staying there until January?..Did I miss something about you leaving to dump and refill and then you can go back to the same site?..going to have to go back and re-read some of the older posts!..have a good one..glad you explained about the heater I was wondering if you had to worry about carbon monoxide!!..take care and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I see Katie had a friend over...at least there was no hair pulling. Even if they played alone she was a good girl. Enjoy the sunrise/sunsets they are beautiful!

    Cheers! ~M

    ReplyDelete
  17. Barbara, I just noticed you do not have tire covers. You might want to consider this.

    The Arizona sun is brutal on the sides and you will see cracking. They will definitely extend the life of your tires.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - we LOVE them!