Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cognifit Personal Coach

WELCOME to new Follower Kimbopolo!  She has a new blog, and is married, going for her PhD, and wants a small RV to travel in after she completes her studies.  Talk about busy!  Thanks for joining my family of readers, I can already tell I'm going to enjoy your blog!


I signed up for a month-to-month membership on-line with Cognifit Personal Coach - software to keep your brain active. It says it exercises your brain - like you exercise your body.  Three times a week for 20 minutes.  The first thing they do is test you to set benchmarks on where you are in various activities, and I did the first half on Friday afternoon.  They ask that you come back in two days for the second half of the testing, which I did on Sunday evening. 


Then you get the results and you know where you are doing fine and where you might need to take some extra measures to keep your brain healthy.  The program rates your scores against others of your age range.  I love this stuff.


BOO!

I did well on the benchmark testing, but they say no matter how well you do, you can always improve, and by continuing with the program, you will maintain and/or continue to improve your brain health. I think I'm going to keep up with the program for a while to see what I think.  The price is $19.95 a month, but I accessed their website from a link on AOL that offered 25% off, so I am getting it for $14.95 a month.  They have a 30-day money back guarantee.


I'm not affiliated with the program at all and receive no compensation if you click on the link or buy the program.  Been there, done that, not doing it any more. : )  I had never heard of this type of thing before.  I guess there are lots of "brain health" programs out there, but I did some research and this one seems to be one of the best.  I'm much better at exercising my brain than my body.

Five days until Halloween!
  
Today I'll actually start doing the tasks - there are three that last for ten minutes each.  That doesn't seem like much, but when I did the preliminary testing, I did find I was a little stressed trying to do really well, and was glad to stop.  So, maybe 30 minutes will be plenty every other day.  I'll let you know how it goes.

From Me and Katie, have a great Tuesday, everyone! : )

6 comments:

  1. I'm just learning all sorts of interesting things from reading your blog, so enjoyable! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spending $15 to $20 a month on a 'brain fitness program' for me would probably be a huge waste of money! I've never passes a fitness test of any kind in my entire life!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting, I feel I'm exercising my brain reading this post. I enjoyed reading your blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know of any that are free? i work a lot of free puzzles and such, but would love to give this a whirl.. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like fun, brain fitness. LOL I am still working part time and hopefully my brain is exercised enough that way. After that and trying to keep up this blogging thing, I barely have time for a computer game of free-cell. Do you suppose that qualifies as brain work?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - we LOVE them!